[R] txtProgressBar examples?

Mario Valle mvalle at cscs.ch
Tue Feb 15 14:47:37 CET 2011

Nice reference!

I'm on  Win 7 32 bits 2.12.0
and the first example fills the R console with ideograms and strange
characters just by doing:
pb <- txtProgressBar(min = 0, max = 20, style = 3)
Bug or feature?

BTW the rest of the example works, as the whole example works on Linux.
Ciao!
                     mario

On 15-Feb-11 13:41, Laurent Gatto wrote:
> 'R: Monitoring the function progress with a progress bar' [1] might b helpful.
>
> Laurent
>
> [1] http://ryouready.wordpress.com/2009/03/16/r-monitor-function-progress-with-a-progress-bar/
>

> On 14 February 2011 18:32, Scott Chamberlain<myrmecocystus at gmail.com>  wrote:
>> Dear R users,
>>

>> I am curious if someone could direct me towards websites/tutorials for uses of progress bars (especially) in R. I can't seem to figure them out.
>>

>> Thanks very much, Scott

Ing. Mario Valle
Data Analysis and Visualization Group            | http://www.cscs.ch/~mvalle
Swiss National Supercomputing Centre (CSCS)      | Tel:  +41 (91) 610.82.60
v. Cantonale Galleria 2, 6928 Manno, Switzerland | Fax:  +41 (91) 610.82.82