[R] A Math question

David Winsemius dwinsemius at comcast.net
Tue Feb 15 15:17:11 CET 2011

On Feb 14, 2011, at 7:33 PM, Kjetil Halvorsen wrote:

> or even better:
>
> http://mathoverflow.net/

I beg to differ. That is designated in its FAQ as expecting "research
level questions", while the forum I offered is labeled as "Welcome to
Q&A for people studying math at any level and professionals in related
fields". I don't think the proffered question could be considered
"research level".

> On Sun, Feb 13, 2011 at 8:02 PM, David Winsemius <dwinsemius at comcast.net
> > wrote:
>>
>> On Feb 13, 2011, at 4:47 PM, Maithula Chandrashekhar wrote:
>>
>>> Dear all, I admit this is not anything to do R and even with
>>> Statistics perhaps. Strictly speaking this is a math related
>>> question.
>>> However I have some reasonable feeling that experts here would
>>> come up
>>> with some elegant suggestion to my question.
>>>
>>> Here my question is: What is sum of all Integers? I somewhere heard
>>> that it is Zero as positive and negative integers will just cancel
>>> each other out. However want to know is it correct?
>>
>> There are more appropriate places to pose such questions:
>> http://math.stackexchange.com/

David Winsemius, MD
West Hartford, CT