[R] R package error

ycherkas ycherkas at gmail.com
Tue Feb 15 19:20:02 CET 2011

Hi,
I have a package I was previously able to compile and use for R 2.6.
In the newer versions of R it did not work, so I am making it from scratch
using Rtools and new R version.

However, I keep getting error after Rcmd build –binary mypack

Here is the complete log:
* checking for file ‘mypack/DESCRIPTION’ … OK
* preparing ‘mypack’:
* checking DESCRIPTION meta-information … OK
* removing junk files
* checking for LF line-endings in source and make files
* checking for empty or unneeded directories
* building binary distribution
* installing *source* package ‘mypack’ …
** R
** preparing package for lazy loading
** help
Warning: ./man/mypack-package.Rd:34: All text must be in a section
Warning: ./man/mypack-package.Rd:35: All text must be in a section
*** installing help indices
** building package indices …
** testing if installed package can be loaded
gdata: read.xls support for ‘XLS’ (Excel 97-2004) files ENABLED.

gdata: Unable to load perl libaries needed by read.xls()
gdata: to support ‘XLSX’ (Excel 2007+) files.

gdata: Run the function ‘installXLSXsupport()’
gdata: to automatically download and install the perl
gdata: libaries needed to support Excel XLS and XLSX formats.
Error in winMenuAdd(menuname, NULL, NULL) :
Menu functions can only be used in the GUI
ERROR: loading failed
* removing ‘C:/DOCUME~1/…/mypack’
ERROR
* installation failed