[R] selecting columns

Phil Spector spector at stat.berkeley.edu
Wed Feb 16 02:16:56 CET 2011

Clayton -
    From your explanation, it sounds like you want to create
a new file removing the "Location" variable, and all the
variables that have the string "Ambient" or "Name" in their names.
Suppose that your data frame is called mydata, and you wish to
create a reduced csv file called "mydata.csv"

write.csv(mydata[,grep('Location|Ambient|Name',names(mydata),invert=TRUE)],
           file='mydata.csv')

should do what you want, but without a more concrete example, it's
just a guess.

 					- Phil Spector
 					 Statistical Computing Facility
 					 Department of Statistics