[R] how to create normalized pdf plot?

smms smms at hotmail.ca
Wed Feb 16 11:17:10 CET 2011

Hello,

I have multiple data files. Each file contains a single column and 1.5
million rows. I want to create normalized pdfs (area under curve is 1) and
histograms to compare with one another. Could anybody suggest if there
exists an easy way or built in function in R.

At present I am using Origin and Excel together to do this. A single file
needs 10 minutes and I have a total of 929 files! So you can imagine the
frustration.

Data file is like this,

4.3
7.6
3.2
1.6
.
.
.
.
4.6

Many thanks in advance to save my rigorous time.