[R] remote data access from Sweave - does not evaluate?

carslaw david.carslaw at kcl.ac.uk
Wed Feb 16 13:51:40 CET 2011

Hello R users

I am having trouble accessing data on a remote server when using sweave.

An example is the loading of an .RData file e.g.

load(url("http://uk-air.defra.gov.uk/openair/R_data/MH_2006.RData"))

which works fine from the command line (this loads a small .RData file into
R).

I have a sweave document with this sort of code in that is meant to import
data from the server and then process it.  I am finding however that lines
of code that try and import data in this way do not seem to be evaluated and
subsequent
functions using the data fail.

I can't find any references to similar problems in R-help, hence my enquiry
to you.

Any tips would be welcome!

David

Dr David Carslaw
Science Policy Group
Environmental Research Group
MRC-HPA Centre for Environment and Health
King's College London
Room 4.129
Franklin Wilkins Building
Stamford Street