[R] multi process support in R

Alaios alaios at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 17 11:40:37 CET 2011

Dear all,
two days ago I was trying to run a bunch of adaptIntegrate() functions (double integrals) into my 4 core pc.

As I was not satisfied about my pc's performance I tried also to run my code to another computer that has 8 or 16 cores. Unfortunately I didnt get any really decent improvement . In both computer only the first core was looking busy while the rest were close to idle levels.

Thus I have started thinking that my code is not suitable to run in many cores. Is it possible to split work in many cores in R and if yes how is this library called?

Best Regards
Alex