[R] [BioC] Make.cdf.package error

elodiem elodie.marquand at exonhit.com
Thu Feb 17 16:14:19 CET 2011

Hi everybody,

I tried to analyze a custom Affymetrix 3'-biased Array. So I wanted to make
a cdf package. (My CDF file size is 1.12Go).

I tried several methods but the same error occured

Method 1

> #Set the working directory
> setwd("D:/Analyse R/Cel files")
> #library to create cdf env
> library("makecdfenv")
>#Create cdf environment
>pkgpath <- tempdir()
>make.cdf.package("file.cdf",
           cdf.path=getwd(),
           compress=FALSE, species = "Homo_sapiens",
           package.path = pkgpath,
           verbose=TRUE)
dir(pkgpath)

Method 2
#Set the working directory
setwd("D:/Analyse R/Cel files")
#library to create cdf env
library("makecdfenv")
#Create cdf environment
env <- make.cdf.env("file.cdf")

>Reading CDF file.
>Error in .Call("reaD file", as.character(file), as.integer(3),
as.integer(compress), :promise already under evaluation: recursive default
argument reference or earlier problems?

The two methods take about one hour and use all the RAM of my computer
(8Go).

Is it a limit of memory?
Is it a non appropriated method for my array?

Thanks in advance for your response,
Elodie