[R] When is *interactive* data visualization useful to use?

Tom Hopper tomhopper at gmail.com
Fri Feb 18 20:00:20 CET 2011

Tal,

One interactive capability that I have repeatedly wished for (but
never taken the time to develop with the existing R tools) is the
ability to interactively zoom in on and out of a data set, and to
interactively create "call-outs of sections of the data. Much of the
data that I deal with takes the form of time series where both the
full data and small section carry meaningful information.

Some of the capabilities of Deducer approach interactive graphing,
such as adjusting alpha values or smoothers, though the updates don't
happen in quite real-time.

- Tom