[R] multiple regression plane

David Winsemius dwinsemius at comcast.net
Sat Feb 19 20:13:47 CET 2011

On Feb 19, 2011, at 12:03 PM, Uwe Ligges wrote:

> On 18.02.2011 11:02, Rosario Garcia Gil wrote:
>> Hello
>>
>> I have a multiple linear regression with two cofactors, I would
>> like to represent a plane but I could not find any help which
>> worked out.
>>
>> Any suggestions.
>

> One way is  explained in:
>
> library("scatterplot3d")
> ?scatterplot3d
>
> Now see example 5.

Multiple examples of this one and other Ligges' work can also be found
in the R Graphics Gallery:

http://addictedtor.free.fr/graphiques/thumbs.php

A nice 3d intro:

http://www.polisci.ohio-state.edu/faculty/lkeele/3dinR.pdf

Not even indirectly related to your request for planar
representations, but a very nice collection of R graphics related to
spatial processes:

http://r-spatial.sourceforge.net/gallery/

And a rather amazing graphics compendium that is apparently able to
create any package's graphics examples in the fly. When you enter the
website you get what appears to be a random example, but can then
navigate to the package of your choice:

http://bm2.genes.nig.ac.jp/RGM2/