[R] Confidence Intervals on Standard Curve

Ben Ward benjamin.ward at bathspa.org
Sat Feb 19 20:31:50 CET 2011

Hi David,

I had use log(x)inside the lm call and used predict, although I didn't
know about logs of data making a multiplacative model
exp(log(x)+log(y)) = x*y.
I'll have a look at the poisson model. and see what I manage to produce.
Looking at the internet the Cumulative distribution function looks like
a sort of S with pleataus at the top and bottom, which I suppose my
standard curve would be a part/chunk of? And if I predicted outside of
what I have, it might become like the full S. I apologise for not
putting it very elequently in mathematical terms, I'm a biology student
so stats and hypothesis testing is taught, but doing this standard curve
is unprecedented in my work so far, normally lm() and anova and such is
enough.

Thanks,
Ben.