[R] prevent export of specific functions in NAMESPACE

Rajarshi Guha rajarshi.guha at gmail.com
Sun Feb 20 17:58:10 CET 2011

Hi, I'd like to prevent the export a specific function in the
NAMESPACE file. The example in the R documentation uses a regex to
prevent export of a set of functions, but as far as I can see there is
no easy way to specify that a function of a specific name should not
be exported. This thread
(http://www.mail-archive.com/r-help@r-project.org/msg42961.html)
suggests that a regex is not the way to 'negate' a string literal.

So to prevent export of specific functions, do I need to explicitly
list all functions that are to be exported?

--
Rajarshi Guha
NIH Chemical Genomics Center