[R] regsubsets {leaps}

fgg fabio_ufes at hotmail.com
Tue Feb 22 21:02:50 CET 2011

I've tried grouping the real and imaginary parts as a single complex number,
e.g.

> z1 <- complex(real=r1, imaginary=i1)

Although complex variables are not allowed in lm, I can run regsubsets just
fine:

> z <- cbind(z1, z2, z3, ..., z10)
> bestsubs <- regsubsets(z, y, nbest=1, nvmax=5, intercept=T,
> method="exhaustive", names=dimnames(x)[2])

The problem is that the code is using only one coefficient for each "z"
(probably for the amplitude), and not one for the real part and one for the
imaginary part, as I'd like to.

> coef(bestsubs,3)
(Intercept)         z1         z3         z4
 -397.43425   -35.86687   202.20521   716.02103

Any suggestions?

Thanks