[R] How to find points of intersection between harmonic function and a line

FMH kagba2006 at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 22 18:28:42 CET 2011

Hi,

Sorry for the very short explanation about the problem of intersection.

I have a wave function monitored from the heart beat in a particular interval of
times. Apart fom that, there is a line with positive slope (e.g: y = x+2) which
lies across the wave and intersect on a number of points. My problem is i have
no exact equation for such a complex harmonic wave produced by the heart pulse
and so, cannot manage to find the intersection points.

Therefore, i would be very grateful if someone could give some ideas or might
suggest any packages in  R that can assist me to do so.

Thank you,
Fir