[R] ggplot2 directional line type?

baptiste auguie baptiste.auguie at googlemail.com
Wed Feb 23 02:42:39 CET 2011

Hi,

You could add arrows with geom_segment; however if you want even
spacing along the path it might get tricky,

library(ggplot2)

d <- data.frame(x=seq(0, 10, length=100),
                y=sin(seq(0, 10, length=100)))

N <- 10
dN <- 2

ind <- seq(1,nrow(d),by=N)
ind <- ind[-c(1,length(ind))]

d3 <- data.frame(xstart = d$x[ind],
                 xend = d$x[ind+2],
                 ystart = d$y[ind],
                 yend = d$y[ind+2])

ggplot(d)+
  geom_path(aes(x,y)) +
  geom_segment(data=d3, aes(xstart,ystart,xend=xend,yend=yend), arrow=arrow())

HTH,

baptiste