[R] How to find points of intersection between harmonic function and a line

rex.dwyer at syngenta.com rex.dwyer at syngenta.com
Wed Feb 23 03:36:24 CET 2011

How is the curve is represented?  That's more important that its organ-of-origin. If you have values of y=f(x) at discrete time points, then y-(x+2) will change sign sometimes... the intersection point is at some time x' in between.  Am I missing something subtle here?
You could interpolate the time more precisely in many different ways, e.g., a spline -- read  help("spline").