[R] weighted Voronoi diagrams

Tuomas Aakala aakal001 at umn.edu
Thu Feb 24 16:35:06 CET 2011

Dear R-users,

Does anyone know how to do weighted Voronoi diagrams (Dirichlet
tesselation) in R? To be more specific, I have a set of coordinates for
tree locations on a plot, and I'm looking for a way to do the
tesselation so that the polygon size for each tree depends on the size
of the subject tree, and the size of its neighbors. So, the location of
the bisection between two trees would not necessarily be at the
midpoint, but determined by the tree sizes. I have looked through the
options in tripack and deldir-packages, but editing the functions in
those packages is beyond my skills.

Thanks,

Tuomas