[R] Compatibility with R for Windows 2.12.2

Prof Brian Ripley ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk
Fri Feb 25 10:18:17 CET 2011

On Fri, 25 Feb 2011, Vedajit Boyd wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Please someone let me know that the installation of both R for Windows
> 2.12.2 and MS office 2010 on the same system will interfere each other or
> not.
> In short, are these two tools compatible to each other?

There is nothing special about R, but you will have to ask Microsoft
if their products cause problems for other (well written,
standard-conformant) software.  Their software works at system level:
R does not install anything at system level, not even registry entries
(unless selected in an Administrator install).

R is widely used on systems with MS office 2007 installed, but that's
no guarantee that some rarely used Office option on some version of
Windows does not interfere with R.

NB: 'R for Windows 2.12.2' is future-ware.