[R] count data

ONKELINX, Thierry Thierry.ONKELINX at inbo.be
Fri Feb 25 13:32:15 CET 2011

Dear Sacha,

Do you revisit the same locations per site? If so, use (1|site/location) as random effect. Otherwise use just (1|site). You might want to add a crossed random effect (1|date) if you can expect an effect of phenology.

Best regards,

Thierry

PS R-sig-mixed-models is a better list for this kind of questions.

ir. Thierry Onkelinx
Instituut voor natuur- en bosonderzoek
team Biometrie & Kwaliteitszorg
Gaverstraat 4
9500 Geraardsbergen
Belgium

Research Institute for Nature and Forest
team Biometrics & Quality Assurance
Gaverstraat 4
9500 Geraardsbergen
Belgium

tel. + 32 54/436 185
Thierry.Onkelinx op inbo.be
www.inbo.be

To call in the statistician after the experiment is done may be no more than asking him to perform a post-mortem examination: he may be able to say what the experiment died of.
~ Sir Ronald Aylmer Fisher

The plural of anecdote is not data.
~ Roger Brinner

The combination of some data and an aching desire for an answer does not ensure that a reasonable answer can be extracted from a given body of data.
~ John Tukey