[R] Group rows by common ID and plot?

DB1984 dannybolg at gmail.com
Fri Feb 25 21:20:07 CET 2011

Thanks Mike - this doesn't quite do it, but I think that you've hit of the
right method.

I am just trying to use 'plot' initially - I don't care so much about the
arrangement in the file.

plot(df$y,group=df$f) outputs the Y column in the appropriate plot. What I
would like to do is have 10 Y columns, i.e. Y1, Y2, Y3...Y10, and plot just
the values in each row that is grouped by 'f'. Does this make sense?

I'm looking at 'group' functions that allow extracting of all the values of
all rows that match a unique 'f', and then trying to plot them individually,
but not working yet.

Any other suggestions for group functions that might allow the data to be
reshaped into appropriate lists?

Scott - I think that the main issue is the upfront grouping of all columns
within a row, rather than the faceting...

Thanks.