[R] Inverse Gaussian Distribution

Louisa Louisa_Lafrez at hotmail.com
Mon Jan 3 21:03:49 CET 2011

Dear,

I want to fit an inverse gaussion distribution to a data set.

The predictor variables are gender, area and agecategory.
For each of these variables I've defined a baseline

e.g.
#agecat: baseline is 3
data<-transform(data, agecat=C(factor(agecat,ordered=TRUE),
contr.treatment(n=6,base=3)))

The variable 'area' goes from A to F (6 areas: A,B,C,D,E,F)

How can i manipulate the data to set the baseline of area to C?
R is producing errors when I'm trying to do so.

I'll be very thankful for any help you can provide.

Louisa