[R] Logistic Regression Fitting with EM-Algorithm

(Ted Harding) ted.harding at wlandres.net
Tue Jan 4 00:36:59 CET 2011

On 03-Jan-11 14:02:21, Robin Aly wrote:
> Hi all,
> is there any package which can do an EM algorithm fitting of
> logistic regression coefficients given only the explanatory
> variables? I tried to realize this using the Design package,
> but I didn't find a way.
>
> Thanks a lot & Kind regards
> Robin Aly

As written, this is a strange question! You imply that you
do not have data on the response (0/1) variable at all,
only on the explanatory variables. In that case there is
no possible estimate, because that would require data on
at least some of the values of the response variable.

I think you should explain more clearly and explicitly what
the information is that you have for all the variables.

Ted.

E-Mail: (Ted Harding) <ted.harding at wlandres.net>
Fax-to-email: +44 (0)870 094 0861
Date: 03-Jan-11                                       Time: 23:36:56