[R] Page eject and clearing the console

John Sorkin jsorkin at grecc.umaryland.edu
Tue Jan 4 17:54:28 CET 2011

(1) I know that \n when used in cat, e.g. cat("\n") produces a line feed (i.e. skips to the next line). Is there any escape sequence that will go to the top of the next page?
(2) I know that control L will clear the console. Is there an equivalent function or other means that can be used in R code to clear the console?

Thanks,
John

John David Sorkin M.D., Ph.D.
Chief, Biostatistics and Informatics
University of Maryland School of Medicine Division of Gerontology
Baltimore VA Medical Center
10 North Greene Street
GRECC (BT/18/GR)
Baltimore, MD 21201-1524
(Phone) 410-605-7119

Confidentiality Statement:
This email message, including any attachments, is for th...{{dropped:6}}