[R] plot without points overlap

Joshua Wiley jwiley.psych at gmail.com
Tue Jan 4 18:08:26 CET 2011

Hi,

You can set the device region in inches using the "pin" argument (see
?par maybe halfway down or so).  You can also set the aspect ratio in
plot(), but I am not sure that is really what you want (see
?plot.window for that).

Two Examples
#######
par(pin = c(2, 4))
plot(1:10)
dev.off()

plot(1:10, asp = 2)
#######

Hope that helps,

Josh

On Tue, Jan 4, 2011 at 8:46 AM, joonR <joonair at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to plot a grid of points of different dimensions using the simple
> plot() function.
> I want to plot the points such that they DO NOT overlap,
> I guess there should be a way to set a maximum distance between the points,
> but I cannot find it.
>
> Can you help?
> Thanks a lot!

> PS: Is it possible to produce device regions of different dimensions?
> (i.e. a rectangular one with height > width)
> --

Joshua Wiley
Ph.D. Student, Health Psychology
University of California, Los Angeles