[R] looking for the RMySQL package for R 2.12.0 under XP

PtitBleu ptit_bleu at yahoo.fr
Wed Jan 5 14:31:34 CET 2011

Hello David,

As I had no time to try to compile the RMySQL package, I finally followed
your advice and moved to RODBC.
The decision to modify my scripts was taken after I discovered the function
odbcDriverConnect which allow to directly connect to database (like RMySQL)
without declaring the database through ODBC window.

With the following command,
ch<-odbcDriverConnect(connection="SERVER=localhost;DRIVER=MySQL ODBC 5.1
Driver;DATABASE=my_db;UID=my_user;PWD=my_pwd;case=tolower")
the connection runs nicely.

Thanks again for the link.

Happy New Year to all the R-users,
Ptit Bleu.