[R] Where is a package NEWS.Rd located?

Kevin Wright kw.stat at gmail.com
Thu Jan 6 14:09:39 CET 2011

Hopefully a quick question.  My package has a NEWS.Rd file that is not
being found by "news".

The "news" function calls "tools:::.build_news_db" which has this line:

nfile <- file.path(dir, "inst", "NEWS.Rd")

So it appears that the "news" function is searching for
"mypackage/inst/NEWS.Rd".

However, "Writing R extensions" says "The contents of the inst
subdirectory will be copied recursively to the installation directory"

During the installation, mypackage/inst/NEWS.Rd is copied into the
"mypackage" directory, not "mypackage/inst".

What am I doing wrong, or is this a bug?

Kevin Wright

--
Kevin Wright