[R] R packages for R 2.11.1

Uwe Ligges ligges at statistik.tu-dortmund.de
Fri Jan 7 12:07:41 CET 2011

On 07.01.2011 09:21, Prof Brian Ripley wrote:
> On Thu, 6 Jan 2011, Joshua Wiley wrote:
>
>> I would try using the R 2.12.1 packages first, but if that does not
>
> On 32-bit Windows this will not work if compiled code is involved: both
> the compiler and the package layout changed at 2.12.0.
>
> However, binary packages for 2.11.x are still being run through the
> autobuiilder and are available on CRAN if they were built successfully
> (increasingly many are not). See the summary table at
> http://cran.r-project.org/bin/windows/contrib/checkSummaryWin.html

Right, and if they were not built successfully, then the latest version
that passed the checks is still available there (which is the one you
want to use anyway then).

Let me add that just typing
     install.packages("packagename")
should do the trick and will use the 2.11 package repository at
your-CRAN-mirror/bin/windows/contrib/2.11

Best,
Uwe