[R] How to make a Cluster of Clusters

Michael Bedward michael.bedward at gmail.com
Sat Jan 8 06:53:39 CET 2011

Hi Diego,

It depends on your what your research questions are.  You haven't told us :)

For example, if you wanted to know whether (a) the environmental
distance between lakes is correlated with spatial distance and (b) if
the relationship changes over time you might do a series of Mantel
tests. This would be working with your environmental and spatial
distance matrices directly, rather than indirectly as is the case with
dendrogram ultrametrics or ordination coordinates.

Michael