[R] Normal Distribution Quantiles

Rainer Schuermann Rainer.Schuermann at gmx.net
Sat Jan 8 15:25:06 CET 2011

> Sounds like homework, which is not an encouraged use of the Rhelp
> list. You can either do it in theory...

It is _from_ a homework but I have the solution already (explicitly got that done first!) - this was the pasted Latex code (apologies for that, but in plain text it looks unreadable[1], and I thought everybody here has his / her favorite Latrex editor open all the time anyway...). I'm just looking, for my own advancement and programming training, for a way of doing that in R - which, from your and Dennis' reply, doesn't seem to exist.

I would _not_ misuse the list for getting homework done easily, I will not ask "learning statistics" questions here, and I will always try to find the solution myself before posting something here, I promise!

Thanks anyway for the simulation advice,
Rainer

    (4000 - (40*n))   -329
              1        200
              2