[R] 3D scatter plot with projections

David Winsemius dwinsemius at comcast.net
Sat Jan 8 18:45:00 CET 2011

On Jan 8, 2011, at 11:21 AM, Gang Chen wrote:

> Thanks a lot for the quick help! How to project the scatter plot
> with the
> diagonal line to the three planes with scatterplot3d? I could not
> find such
> an example demonstrating that in the vignette.

I'm puzzled. If you have (x1, y1, z1) and (x2, y2, z2) as starting and
ending points, Deducing the three projected segments , i.e. the
starting and ending points of the projections on the xy, xz and yz
planes (z = 0, y=0, and x= 0 respectively) would seem to be trivial.
So maybe I just don't understand.  What part is offering difficulty?
Please show your code so far.

--
David.