[R] Assumptions for ANOVA: the right way to check the normality

DrorD dror.teach at gmail.com
Tue Jan 11 08:58:46 CET 2011

Frodo Jedi wrote:

>>What is the question you are really trying to find the answer for?
Knowing that
>>may help us give more meaningful answers.
>
> Concerning your question I thought to have been clear.
>
> I want to understand which analysis I have to use in order to understand
> if the differences I am having are statistically significant or not.

Dear Frodo,

I would like to suggest that the question required is a concrete
specification of an hypothesis.

Something like:
"I hypothesize that the responses to condition-A would be different in
magnitude from the responses to condition-AH, across all stimuli."

Perhaps after having a detailed formulation of your hypothesis the required
analysis will be clearer for yourself, or at least make it easier for
experts to guide you.

Best,
dror