[R] gennerating skewed random numbers

Ed Keith e_d_k at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 11 13:37:12 CET 2011

This is not exactly an R specific question, but I think the people on this list can probably help.

I'm working on a simulation. In the model I have the first three moments of the distributions of the variables. I know how to generate a random number from a distribution given the first two moments assuming the third moment is 0. But I do not know how to generate a number drawn from a distribution with a nonzero third monument.

If someone could point me to a good reference I would appreciate it.

Thank you in advance,

   -EdK

Ed Keith
e_d_k at yahoo.com