[R] Match numeric vector against rows in a matrix?

Kevin Ummel kevinummel at gmail.com
Tue Jan 11 16:57:05 CET 2011

Hi Petr,

Sorry for the delay. I ended up implementing a simple and fast but not-universal or elegant solution, since it turned out that I only needed to test a rather small subset of combinations for my purposes.

Nevertheless, I did go back and try the solutions posted. Bill's 'binary expansion' approach was the fastest by about a factor of 8.

Cheers,
Kevin