[R] plot: skip a range of axis

Carl Witthoft carl at witthoft.com
Wed Jan 12 21:53:24 CET 2011

You could always create a new vector, something like

Xprime<- if x<-0 x else x-2   #not valid R code

Thus mapping +1 to -1, and shifting everything else down.  Fixing the
x-tick labels is left as a homework problem :-)

I'm assuming from your description that there are no y-values
corresponding to -1<x<1, so plotting y vs Xprime won't lose any of your
data.

Carl

From: Yuan Jian <jayuan2008_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2011 04:15:38 -0800 (PST)

thanks Jim,
I found gap.plot seperates x axis or y axis into two boxes. do you know
any plot tool that can skip a range in x-axis or y-axis without lines?
regards
YU