[R] R2WinBUGS-Windows 7

Erica Donnelly-Swift DONNELER at tcd.ie
Fri Jan 14 15:53:36 CET 2011

Dear all,

I'm having a slight issue with R2WinBugs.... it cannot detect where WinBUGS is located.
Q: How can I change the default path?

Any advice is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Regards

Erica

I'm using R2WinBUGs (R version 2.21.1) on windows platform (Windows 7).
I have  downloaded WinBUGS14.exe and patch 1.4.3.

As i'm working with Windows 7 (similiar issues to Vista occur), thus I have followed the instructions given on BUGS site:

>Note: There appears to be a problem with installing WinBUGS and/or various patches in Windows Vista. Vista doesn't seem to like anyone overwriting files in the >"C:\Program Files" directory (regardless of permissions). Hence we recommend that WinBUGS be installed elsewhere

The location of I placed WinBUGS is on the D-drive:

"D:\WinBUGS14"

The error I receive in R is:

Error in file(con, "rb") : cannot open the connection
In addition: Warning message:
In file(con, "rb") :
  cannot open file 'c:/Program Files/WinBUGS14//System/Rsrc/Registry.odc': No such file or directory
Error in bugs.run(n.burnin, bugs.directory, WINE = WINE, useWINE = useWINE,  :
  WinBUGS executable does not exist in c:/Program Files/WinBUGS14/