[R] grid.table with head of two rows

victor victormurizar at gmail.com
Sun Jan 16 14:23:09 CET 2011

Hi all,
I try to print a table with the grid.draw(tableGrob(...)) function applied
to an ftable object. The output only give me a table without
colnames either rownames, but with edit.grid() I can add only one of them.
And this is the problem, I have a table with a two rows head, like this:
                                                    45 o mas
Entre 25 y 45
                                                    HOMBRES MUJERES TOTAL
HOMBRES MUJERES TOTAL  TOTAL

AGRICULTURA                            42              192            234
50              198            248        523
COMERCIO                                221              307            528
479           1033          1512      2317
CONSTRUCCION                     1143                54          1197
1679            141           1820     3220
HOSTELERIA                              150              327            477
233            536            769     1365
INDUSTRIA                                 207              120
327            322            171            493       892
RESTO DE SERVICIOS               633            1322          1955
989          1917           2906     5289
SIN ACTIVIDAD ECONOMICA     114              509            623
98             176            274     1043
TOTAL                                       2510             2831
5341          3850          4172           8022   14649

And the question is, if there is a way to add the two head rows with the
edit.grid function or other function to use with an ftable object that
prints all the head columns.

Thanks in advance

Victor