[R] Finding NAs in DF

Ivan Calandra ivan.calandra at uni-hamburg.de
Mon Jan 17 13:55:54 CET 2011

Maybe something along the lines:
apply(df,1, FUN=function(x) which(is.na(x)))

It's not exactly what you want, but it might work combined with the
other solutions

HTH,
Ivan

Le 1/17/2011 12:23, Johannes Graumann a écrit :
> Both versions do not do what I am looking for, as they do not differentiate
> where the NA is, if there is just one.
> My original wished for result therefore holts, but should probably be
> rewritten
> 	c(NA,"B","AB","A")
>
> Joh
>
> On Monday 17 January 2011 14:06:30 Patrick Burns wrote:
>> Simpler would be:
>>
>> rowSums(is.na(df))
>>
>> On 17/01/2011 10:13, Ivan Calandra wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I hope you made a mistake in c(NA,"TWO","BOTH","ONE") because if not, I
>>> have no idea what you're looking for...
>>>
>>> But would that do?
>>> df<- data.frame(A=c(1,2,NA,NA),B=c(1,NA,NA,4))
>>> apply(df,1, FUN=function(x) length(x[is.na(x)]))
>>> [1] 0 1 2 1
>>>
>>> There might be better ways to do it, but it works
>>> HTH,
>>> Ivan

Ivan CALANDRA
PhD Student
University of Hamburg
Biozentrum Grindel und Zoologisches Museum
Abt. Säugetiere
Martin-Luther-King-Platz 3
D-20146 Hamburg, GERMANY
+49(0)40 42838 6231