[R] Importing multiple text files with lapply.

Simon Kiss simonjkiss at yahoo.ca
Tue Jan 18 00:22:53 CET 2011

Dear jim,
Yes, it's true, the data are separated onto new lines as follows:
January 11, 2009
January 11, 2009
October 19, 2008
October 13, 2008
August 16, 2008
June 19, 2008
April 19, 2008
April 16, 2008
February 9, 2008
September 2, 2007

I tried your attempt and it didn't work either; it returned the error message:
Error in FUN(X[[1L]], ...) :
  'file' must be a character string or connection