[R] Statistical formulas

Mike Marchywka marchywka at hotmail.com
Tue Jan 18 18:35:00 CET 2011

> From: toby.marthews at ouce.ox.ac.uk
> To: flyamer at gmail.com; r-help at r-project.org
> Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2011 16:42:51 +0000
> Subject: Re: [R] Statistical formulas
>
> Hi Ilya,
> If you're looking for general information about statistical tests, etc.
 (http://homes.msi.ucsb.edu/~byrnes/rtutorial.html is a good one), but a good textbook is probably better. It's a bit old, but I still recommend Fowler et al. (1998) for those who are starting out with statistical testing: Fowler J, Cohen L & Jarvis P (1998). Practical statistics for field biology (2nd ed.). Wiley, Chichester, UK.

While I hate to admit I use wikipedia for reference, usually searches confined to edu domains
are quite good and often mit ocw has something helpful. For example,

http://ocw.mit.edu/courses/mathematics/18-05-introduction-to-probability-and-statistics-spring-2005/lecture-notes/

> Toby Marthews

note new address
Mike Marchywka
487 Salem Woods Drive
Marietta GA 30067
415-264-8477 (w)<- use this
404-788-1216 (C)<- leave message
989-348-4796 (P)<- emergency only
marchywka at hotmail.com
Note: If I am asking for free stuff, I normally use for hobby/non-profit
information but may use in investment forums, public and private.
Please indicate any concerns if applicable.