[R] How to find more about Covariance (in R)

Alaios alaios at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 19 15:59:51 CET 2011

Dear Josh,
I would like to thank you for your reply.

I think that it is clear that I miss a lot of theory. I have tried in google to read and study more about covariance but I have this feeling that the term 'covariance' is used for many different things in different topics.

You mentioned for example population and sample (covariance) which are two words-terms that I can not distinguish between them.

Even though this is R list could you please provide me some differences to study more about covariance before trying to implement things in R.

(Even in R are some things that do not understand i.e pearson, kendal and spearman method)

I would like to thank you in advance for your patience.

Best Regards
Alex