[R] nlminb doesn't converge and produce a warning

Ravi Varadhan rvaradhan at jhmi.edu
Fri Jan 21 19:26:52 CET 2011

Hi,

It is indeed annoying that each optimization code has different names for the parameters that control the behavior of the algorithms.  This is one of the reasons that we have developed "optimx" - to unify the calling convention for the various algorithms.  You can call the optimization algorithm of your choice without having to worry about the names of the control parameters.

Ravi.

Ravi Varadhan, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor,
Division of Geriatric Medicine and Gerontology School of Medicine Johns Hopkins University

Ph. (410) 502-2619