[R] Newb Question : How do I load the Rsymphony Library, and How do I get Symphony Running on my windows Vista?

BSanders adam at mycostech.com
Sun Jan 23 14:58:11 CET 2011

Hi, I'm new to R, and at this phase, I don't really even know how to learn
how to use R.

I want to use R and Symphony together.  CAn I use Symphony on a windows
based machine? I downloaded
Symphony 5.2.0, and when I hit to install it, I'm getting an error that I
can't get past. "Bad end of central directory record"

Now, let's say I miraculously am able to install Symphony on my computer,
great.. What steps do I need to take to install the Rsymphony library?

Lastly, how do I figure this stuff out on my own, mainly, the installing the
R library?  (For example, in a google search , I see rsymphony used to be in
the rPortfolio package.. How do I figure that out on my own? )

In advance, thank you to anyone kind enuff to help me along.