[R] Equivalent to Stata egen tag

Denis Kazakevich den2042 at yahoo.com
Sun Jan 23 20:07:56 CET 2011

Dear David
Thank you for your e-mail
I believe that  equivalent to Stata egen tag is simply

df$tag <- df[!duplicated(df[c("station","week")]),]

I am not sure about
egen count

It might be something like
aggregate(station~week, df, function(x)sum(!is.na(x)), na.action = na.pass)

I made this question while making very first steps in R after actively using
Stata for 3 years. And I underestimated  the extent of flexibility of R. But
after your answer on one of my previous questions I realized that I can  use,

With best regards
Denis