[R] Problem with factor analysis

Mark Difford mark_difford at yahoo.co.uk
Mon Jan 24 17:24:12 CET 2011

>> Does anyone know what I am doing wrong?

Could be a lot or could be a little, but we have to guess, because you
haven't given us the important information. That you are following Crawley
is of little or no interest. We need to know what _you_ did.

What is "model" and what's in it?

##
str(model)
attributes(model)

If you fitted your model using factanal then loadings(model)[,1] will fail
with the following error message

##
Error in factanal(m1, factors = 3)[, 1] : incorrect number of dimensions

Even if you did not see such a message it seems likely that "model" is in
the wrong format for loadings to extract anything useful from it.

Regards, Mark.