[R] Paired data survival analysis

Marcus Michelangeli (Sci) marcus.michelangeli at monash.edu
Tue Jan 25 01:58:47 CET 2011

Hi,

Im an honours student at Monash University. I'm trying to analyse some
data for my project, which involved 2 treatments. My subjects were
exposed to both treatments, and i gave them 60 minutes to perform a
certain behaviour.  3 of my subjects performed the behaviour in one
treatment but not the other. Therefore, i need to do a survival
analysis using paired data. Im little confused about how to go about
this in R. Im able to perfrom a normal surival analyses not taking the
paired data into account, but im just wondering if there is some way
to take the pairing into account. I know there are 3 different ways to
deal with grouping in the survival package, strata, cluster and
frailty but i struggle to understand the meaning of these arguments
and therefore do not know which one to use (if any).

I have attached a mock data set.

Thanks for your time,
Marcus