[R] post-hoc comparisons in GAMs (mgcv) with parametric terms

Julian Burgos jmburgos at uw.edu
Wed Jan 26 01:20:23 CET 2011

Dear list,

I´m wondering if there is something analogous to the TukeyHSD function
that could be used for parametric terms in a GAM.  I´m using the mgcv
package to fit models that have some continuous predictors (modeled as
smooth terms) and a single categorical predictor.  I would like to do
post hoc test on the categorical predictor in the models where it is
significant.
Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Julian

--
Julian Mariano Burgos
Hafrannsóknastofnunin/Marine Research Institute
Netfang/Email: julian at hafro.is, jmburgos at uw.edu