[R] Failing to install {rggobi} on win-7 R 2.12.0

Yihui Xie xie at yihui.name
Wed Jan 26 03:51:37 CET 2011

According to my experience, you should NOT download the GTK version
from GGobi's website. That version won't work for R 2.12.0 and rggobi.
So first, remove that version of GTK; then follow the instructions
from library(RGtk2) to download and install the more recent version of
GTK+. Then everything should be fine, except library(rggobi) will
still complain that libxml2.dll is missing. [I don't guarantee the
rest of steps work] You might need to download libxml2
(http://xmlsoft.org/) and manually put its dll's under your PATH (e.g.
the bin directory of GTK+).

Regards,
Yihui