[R] Writing program for these

Ben Bolker bbolker at gmail.com
Thu Jan 27 16:22:21 CET 2011

 [cc'ing back to r-help]

On 01/27/2011 10:06 AM, Ben Boyadjian wrote:
> Yes the it says the uniform distribution on the interval (-5,5).

 If this is real-valued (which again is not precisely defined, but
that would be how I would interpret) then the probability of choosing an
integer is again zero.  With double-precision floating point values it
is not zero but is extremely small.

> This is what I have done for Question 2
> There is the trim function that can give the answer but I am meant to
> write the program. My question is whether I use the 0.05 or the 0.1. I
> dont want anything below the 5% and above the 95%.

  Why not look at ?mean for the answer?  Or compare the answer from
using mean with the 'trim' argument to the alternative solution you
listed below?