[R] Saving log file in R and display run time

Raquel Rangel de Meireles Guimarães raquelrguima at gmail.com
Thu Jan 27 19:33:54 CET 2011

Hi all,

I have two basic questions, hope you should help me:

1. How do I save a log file in R with the results? For example, in Stata
it can be done by using "log using c:\...\test.txt"
2. How do I display the execution time of one function like the one below:

CalculaCorrelacao <- function(construto, n) {
library(polycor)
for (i in 2:n){
         for (j in i:n+1){
         x1 <- construto[[i]]
         x2 <- construto[[j]]
         temp1 <- polychor(x1, x2, ML = FALSE,maxcor=.9999)
         corr[i-1,j-1] <- temp1
         corr[j-1,i-1] <- temp1
       }
       }
       return(corr)
}

Best regards,

Raquel

--
Raquel Rangel de Meireles Guimarães
Doutoranda em Demografia
raquel at cedeplar.ufmg.br
http://ufmg.academia.edu/RaquelGuimaraes
Cedeplar - Centro de Desenvolvimento e Planejamento Regional
Faculdade de Ciências Econômicas, UFMG (http://www.cedeplar.ufmg.br)