[R] HLM Model

Belle ping.yi at gmail.com
Thu Jan 27 20:43:53 CET 2011

Hi

I am trying to convert SAS codes to R, but some of the result are quite
different from SAS.

When I ran proc mixed, I have an option ddfm=bw followed by the model. How
can I show this method in R (I am thinking that this maybe the reason that I
can't get the similar results)

below is my SAS codes:

proc mixed data=test covtest empirical;
class pair grade team school;
	model score = trt pair grade school/ solution covb ddfm=bw ;
	random int /  sub=team solution type=un;
run;

I have tried both lmer and hglm, but non of them works.

Could anyone tell me how can I covert this SAS codes to R? Thanks